City of Scandia, MN

All wetlands, even those without open water, are protected under state law.  Impacts to wetlands, including draining, filling, or excavation need approval or permits on local, state, and federal levels. A city Planning & Zoning Application is required before the Washington Conservation District will begin review of your project.

For more information, call Jay Riggs at Washington Conservation District, at 651-330-8220 ext 20 or 

More information on the Minnesota Wetland Conservation Act can be found at
learn more