In summary, the rules are:
- Park Hours. Park use is prohibited between one-half hour after sunset and 4:00 a.m. except with a permit issued by the City Clerk.
- Removing, Defacing or Destroying Property is prohibited.
- Erection of Structures. Construction of an tent or temporary or permanent structure of any type is prohibited, except with a permit issued by the City Clerk.
- Littering and Dumping are prohibited.
- Motorized Vehicles shall be driven or parked only in designated areas, at a maximum speed of 5 miles per hour. Snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles shall not be operated in any park except in areas specifically designated or posted for their operation.
- Non-Motorized Vehicles. Bicycles or other non-motorized vehicles of any type are not permitted in Wind-in-the-Pines Park.
- Open Fires are prohibited, except in fireplaces or receptacles provided or in privately owned grills
- Sale of Articles is not allowed without a permit issued by the City Clerk.
- Posting Signs and Placards is prohibited without a permit issued by the City Clerk.
- Animals. No domestic animals, including cats and dogs, shall be permitted within Wind-in-the-Pines Park. No person shall allow any domestic animal, including dogs and cats, to go unattended and without physical restraint in any other park.
- Climbing of Trees and On Buildings is prohibited No person shall climb any trees or climb on any building or structure in any park.
- Other Prohibited Acts include to a) disturb or interfere with any birds, animals, animal habitat, or nesting area; b) schedule and hold gatherings of more than 100 people without a permit from the City Clerk and after approval by the City Council; c) be in possession of any gun, firearm, air gun, pellet gun, explosive, bow and arrow, or other similar device, except for a peace officer in the discharge of his or her duties; d) discharge fireworks except when authorized in writing by the City Council; and e) discharge any pollutants into any body of water in any park.
Variances to the strict application of the ordinance may be granted only by the City Council and only in unusual circumstances. Any person violating any provision of this ordinance shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
Park permits may be obtained at the city office during regular office hours. Permits will generally be issued within 48 hours unless City Council approval is required.
For policies and procedures for reserving park facilities (such as picnic shelter, warming house, ball fields, etc.) please see the "Services" section of the website.
For a complete listing of all Parks and Recreation ordinances, click here.