The Scandia Development Code (SDC) Ch. 900 (Effective 2009 through 10/12/2022)
These development regulations will be no longer effective as of Wednesday, August 12, 2022 as these have been replaced by the Scandia Unified Development Code or UDC Chapter 153 of the Scandia Code of Ordinances.
All completed permits received through Tuesday August 11, 2022 shall be subject to SDC regulations. Those received as of Wednesday, August 12, 2022 will apply to the new Unified Development Code: click here to view those regulations.
The following is the last effective version of the old Scandia Development Code as of its last update, May 5, 2021 (Ordinance No. 2021-02). Click on the chapter name to view or download the document.
- Chapter 1 - Administration - General provisions and definitions pertaining to the Scandia Development Code.
- Chapter 2 - Zoning Regulations - General Zoning Provisions and Regulations
- Chapter 3- Subdivision Regulations - Regulations pertaining to the subdivision of property.
- Chapter 4 - Mining and Other Regulations - Regulations pertaining to mining and the removal of natural resources.
- Chapter 5 Shoreland and Wetland Management Regulations - Regulations regarding shoreland, bluffland, and wetlands.
- Chapter 6 Floodplain Management - Regulations related to impacts to floodplain.
- Engineering Standards - Engineering Standards and detail specifications for public and private improvements in new subdivisions within the City of Scandia. (adopted by reference in Chapter 3, Subdivision Regulations)
Click Here to view a Zoning Map of Scandia.